Thursday, August 8, 2013

Photo shoot

It is tradition for a couple getting married to have professional photos taken prior to the wedding. Since we got married last February, my husband's mother and grandmother wanted us to have these photos taken. When I arrived I chose 2 kimonos and 1 western style wedding dress to wear. My hair and makeup was done for me also. The makeup was so thick and heavy I almost didn't recognize myself. Being a little shy this process was uncomfortable for me but I had to set all those feelings aside. This was a big deal for them as we were the first to be married in the family.


The ladies thought I looked like Ariel from The Little Mermaid because of my red hair.


I believe I was wearing almost 10 layers to look "fat". I never imagined I would ever wear such a beautiful kimono. My waist was cinched so tight I could barely breath and felt a little lightheaded. I was imagining women wearing this everyday and how difficult it must have been. This kimono was so elegant and so much fun to wear.


More photos from our photo shoot will be posted as soon as we get the prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment